If you have been in vacuum field long enough, you may know that presently the most advanced and top-quality vacuum cleaners belong to robot models, including Roomba 805 vs 860. People favor it for several reasons. Firstly, it is automatically operated. It can do all the cleanup job by itself without human’s interference. As a result, by investing in one of these machines, you can save a great deal of time and energy. In addition, the automatic machines benefits people with disabilities or mobility issues. The robots can be set to clean as specific schedule just by simple presses of the buttons. What’s more, this type of vacuum cleaner is a combination of cutting-edge technologies that allow users to achieve a better clean, fresh environment and convenient life.
iRobot lines are so popular that when it comes to robot vacuum, they have tended to jump on the top of the list. Roomba is a series of turtle class automatic robotic vacuum cleaners from iRobot, which is one of the leading companies in the market. It has ability of performing amazing tasks, such as changing direction, detecting dirty spots on the floor and so on. Hence, the price of robot vacuums is usually high. If you have a tight budget or spending an amount of money on those machines is unnecessary, you should go back and take a look at my best Shark vacuums. .
Speaking of our muses, Roomba 805 vs 860 are very similar in terms of appearance and some features. Before diving in and see how the compare and where they differ, let’s take a quick look at these two variations:
Roomba 805 vs 860: Comparison And Review
First and foremost, the most notable fact is that they have round shape like their ancestors. Roomba 805 and 860 belong to the same robotic vacuum family, so they’re equipped with iRobot’s patented features, such as tangle-free rollers and AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System. However, Roomba 805 vs 860 are remarkably different in some ways, including cleaning capabilities, the price and so on. Let’s look at more details in order to find your perfect one
- -iAdapt Navigation uses a full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt to your changing home -AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System delivers up to 50% more cleaning performance
- -Tangle-free extractors help prevent hair and debris clogs -AeroForce High-Efficiency Filter captures up to 99% of allergens, pollen, and particles as small as 10 microns
- -Conveniently schedule up to 7x per week, or just press CLEAN on the robot -Automatically docks and recharges
- -Avoids stairs and other drop-offs -Automatically adjusts to all floor types - carpet, tile, hardwood, laminate & more -Two Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barriers manage where your robot cleans
- -Lithium Ion Battery delivers up to 3x the battery cycle lifetime -3.6" low profile cleans under furniture, beds and kickboards
- iAdapt Navigation uses a full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt to your changing home
- AeroForce 3 Stage Cleaning System delivers up to 50 percent more cleaning performance
- Tangle free extractors help prevent hair and debris clogs
- Conveniently schedule up to 7x per week, or just press CLEAN on the robot
- Lithium Ion Battery delivers up to 2x the battery cycle lifetime
Modern customers nowadays require not only quality like cleaning capabilities, but also cool designs from market products. Hence, eye-catching models usually attract more attention from buyers. Manufacturing good-looking machines is one of the marketing strategies. With Roomba 805 vs 860, you’ll find a wonderful machines with shining appearance. While Roomba 805 comes with black color, Roomba 860 is available in silver one. Either color is good, to me, because they both give me strong vibe.
Roomba 805 and 860 have similar weight, approximately 8 pounds. This is considered lightweight and the machine can go smoothly without making any noise. Yet, Roomba 805 is larger than Roomba 860 in terms of dimensions. Roomba 805 comes with 18.2×16.5×5.5 inches while Roomba 860 has 13.9×13.9×3.6 inches. If your house is small, Roomba 860 is perfect to get under furniture or reach the corner.
The Cleaning Performance
I know the cleaning capabilities is the most crucial factor when it comes to vacuum cleaners. Therefore, I will dig a little deeper into every details to show you what we’ve got from these amazing machines.
The Features :
The Difference :
Since both of them belong to robot vacuum cleaner, their cost is a bit high. Although Roomba 805 is pretty cheaper than Roomba 860, they are suitable for mid- or high-income families. However, I believe they are totally worth your money. Check them out on Amazon to get good deals.
If you like one of them, please click the following Amazon buttons to buy:
On Amazon, Roomba 805 receives pretty good feedbacks. Most of its customers were happy with the cleaning performance. They were also impressed at how well it works on hard floor. However, there comes a complaint: the area to hold dirt and dust is kind of small.
68% of customers on Amazon rated Roomba 860 5 stars (out of 5). It really came with the wonderful cleaning capabilities. Roomba 860 was praised to be easy to setup, powerful suction and many people favored it due to lithium-ion battery. Like Roomba 805, customers didn’t appreciate its small dirt bin.
This is my first review about robot vacuum line. I love their look and the Roomba 805 are like a turning point in iRobot’s strategy. They are equipped with enhanced features which make them stand out among traditional ones. In short, I believe Roombas 805 and 860 won’t disappoint you in any aspect.
If you enjoy this review, please feel free to leave comments below.